Many people ask how to properly use a Self Tanner and What steps they should take to ensure an even tan?
Here are a few quick tips on how to get the best results.
1. Lightly apply lotion or Aquaphor on the palms of your hands, elbows, ankles, & heels or dry areas (For example, patches of dry skin from eczema), before applying self tanner. Make sure it is fully absorbed into the skin. (Self Tanners will darken any dry spot on your skin, as that is dead skin.) This will help prevent from darkening those dry areas.
2. Stand in front of a fan or use a blowdryer on cool for a couple of minutes for a quicker dry.
3. DO NOT Store your Shimmer Tan Extender or Self Tanner in your bathroom. Store it outside of your bathroom (humidity from shower can lessen the lifespan on product over time)
4. You can store your Self Tanners and Shimmer Tan Extender in the fridge. This prolongs the life of all of products that contain DHA.
5. After showering make sure you pat dry your skin, do not rub dry your skin with a towel. That will help Exfoliate the top layer of your skin, and self tanner only tans the outer layer of skin.
Please view our FAQ to find answers to your questions or if you have any other questions or concerns send us a contact form.